Here are some additional resources:
- Presented by the American College of Radiology (ACR) and the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) (click on the safety link) http://www.radiologyinfo.org
- Presented by the Health Physics Society http://www.radiationanswers.org
- Environmental Protection Agency
- The Alliance for Radiation Safety in Pediatric Imaging – the Image Gently Alliance – is a coalition of health care organizations dedicated to providing safe, high quality pediatric imaging nationwide. The primary objective of the Alliance is to raise awareness in the imaging community of the need to adjust radiation dose when imaging children.
- The ACR Appropriateness Criteria® are evidence-based guidelines to assist referring physicians and other providers in making the most appropriate imaging or treatment decision for a specific clinical condition. By employing these guidelines, providers enhance quality of care and contribute to the most efficacious use of radiology. The guidelines are developed by expert panels in diagnostic imaging, interventional radiology, and radiation oncology. Each panel includes leaders in radiology and other specialties. There are currently 169 topics with over 850 variants in the June 2010 version. Click here to access the ACR appropriateness criteria search engine.