ARA is now out-of-network with United Healthcare
Effective April 15, 2023, ARA is out of UnitedHealthcare’s provider network, including all commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid plans.
- If you have a WellMed health plan, you are not impacted by this termination. ARA is still in your WellMed provider network.
- If you are a Medicare patient with UHC AARP supplemental and/or secondary plans, you ARE able to schedule and have your exams performed at ARA since this UHC Secondary plan follows the guidelines of the primary insurance payer.
For more about developments with United, and to see what you can do, please visit this informational site.
If you are concerned about how this may impact your access to your trusted ARA providers, please contact United at the number on the back of your health insurance card.
Insurance carriers that WILL allow ARA to obtain insurance authorizations
ARA can obtain authorizations for the insurance providers below but the referring physician’s office must provide ARA with the patient’s clinical information in order for us to obtain them.
PLEASE NOTE: It can take up to 72 hours to obtain authorization after the insurance company has received clinical information.
- Aetna & Aetna Medicare
- Amerigroup (Medicare & Medicaid HMO)
- Amerivantage (Wellmed only)
- Ascension SmartHealth
- APWU Health Plan
- BCBS Blue Advantage HMO & HMO Plus
- BCBS Medicaid, CHIP & STAR Kids
- BCBS Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO
- BCBS Out-of-State
- Boon Chapman
- Dell Children’s Health Plan Medicaid and CHIP
- First Health
- Healthcare Highways Health Plan
- Mail Handlers Benefits Plan
- Scott & White
- Sendero Idealcare
- Seton Insurance Company
- Superior Allwell Medicare
- Superior Ambetter
- Superior Medicaid / STAR Kids / CHIP
- Texas Municipal League
- Texas Mutual
- Tricare Prime
- Vista 360 Health
- Wellcare (Connected Senior Care only)
- Whole Foods Market (Club Zero)
- Wilco-Williamson County Indigent
- Work Comp
Insurance carriers that WILL NOT allow ARA to obtain insurance authorization
Payer guidelines require the referring physician’s office to obtain authorizations for these plans. Please consider the risk of allowing outside entities to obtain authorization on your behalf without the approval of the insurance company. Only the companies listed above allow ARA to obtain authorization. All others require you as the provider to obtain authorization.
BCBS Initiate a request online at aimspecialtyhealth.com or call 800-859-5277.
City/Travis County MAP Card Can be obtained by calling 512-324-3135.
Veterans Administration Can be obtained by calling 254-743-1683.
Veterans Choice/TriWest Can be obtained by calling 866-606-8198.
Insurance carriers that are NOT contracted with ARA
- Aetna Medicaid
- Aliera Healthcare
- Broadspire (Work Comp)
- Christus Health Plan (Medicare & Medicaid)
- Community First
- Community Health Choice
- CompKey+ (Work Comp)
- Cook Children’s Health Plan
- Driscoll Children’s Health Plan
- El Paso First Premier
- First Care Medicare & Medicaid
- Molina Healthcare
- One Call Care Management (Work Comp)
- Parkland Healthfirst
- Scott & White Right Care Medicaid
- State Office of Risk Management (SORM) (Work Comp)
- Texas Children’s Health Plan
- Superior Allwell Medicare
- UHC & UHC Medicare & Medicaid*
*Includes AARP Medicare Complete, Secure Horizons, UHC Community Medicaid, UHC Community Medicare, UHC Dual Complete, United Healthcare, United Healthcare West
Is your insurance carrier missing?
If your carrier is not listed here please contact the ARA Authorization Department at 512-493-5821, option 2, as we update contracts daily.
If you need to have your carrier send information to our authorization fax line, please use fax 512-977-8200.
Please note that this information is intended only as a guide. Insurance authorization guidelines are subject to change at any time and we recommend contacting the insurance company if further clarification on eligibility is needed.
Need more information?
The members of our Eligibility Team are here to help. Please call 512-453-6100 between 8am and 5pm, Monday through Friday. We can also help your patients learn their out-of-pocket cost for an exam prior to their visit through our Out-of-Pocket Estimator tool.