Physicians – are you ICD-10 ready?
On October 15, 2015, the ICD-9 code sets used to report medical diagnoses and inpatient procedures will be replaced by ICD-10 code sets. Some online resources that will help your office make the transition are:
• Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has comprehensive resources available for free. Their “Road to ICD-10” is geared towards smaller providers and they offer plenty of helpful videos. www.cms.gov/Medicare/Coding/ICD10/ProviderResources
• The Texas Medical Association has a number of resources. www.texmed.org/icd10/
• AAPC has some great resources online, both free and for purchase. www.aapc.com/icd-10
• Coding Strategies has similar training and education. www.codingstrategies.com/icd-10-resource-center
• The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) is also a good resource. They have several useful webinars. www.ahima.org/topics/icd10/icd10