In the News
- BMJ Article on Breast Cancer Screening Effectiveness Incredibly Flawed and Misleading – According to the ACR and Society of Breast Imaging (SBI), the recent breast cancer screening article published in the British Medical Journal is an incredibly misleading analysis based on the deeply flawed and widely discredited Canadian National Breast Screening Study (CNBSS). ACR and SBI say the results of this study, and others resulting from the CNBSS trial, should not be used to create breast cancer screening policy as this would place a great many women at increased risk of dying unnecessarily from breast cancer.
- New Study Refutes 2009 Recommendation from the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force – A recent study of the association between missed mammograms and breast cancer stage at diagnosis disputes the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendation that routine mammograms are unnecessary for women younger than 50 and that biennial screening mammography for women aged 50 to 74 years is sufficient. Dr. Adedayo Onitilo, adjunct clinical associate professor, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health, Madison, WI, and the corresponding author of an article about the study in the November 2013 American Journal of Roentgenology, talked with ARRS about those findings. Read the Q&A with Dr. Onitilo here.
- The U.S. Preventative Services Task Force (USPSTF) has recommended CT Lung Screening for high risk patients ages 55 through 79 years old and have a 30-pack-year or greater history of smoking. Click here to read more about the recommendation. Are you a heavy smoker? With a referral from your physician, you can schedule your exam today at one of our 11 CT Lung Screening locations in Austin and Central Texas by calling 512-453-6100.
- Health care options increase in Four Points – Residents in the Four Points area soon will no longer have to commute to Central Austin to visit their primary care physicians, family practitioners or even specialists. By the end of 2013, a slew of well-known medical groups—Austin Diagnostic Clinic, Austin Radiological Association, Austin Regional Clinic and Texan Urgent Care—will join recently opened VIK Medical Urgent Care and Family Practice as neighborhood health care treatment centers.
- On Sunday, November 25th, 2012, The Austin American-Statesman published its “Top Workplaces 2012” – a list of the best places to work in the greater Austin area. ARA has once again been named to the Top 10 Workplaces list for the 3rd year in a row! Check out this special section of The Austin American-Statesman online here.
- ARA, Dr. Avery and our new MBI (Molecular Breast Imaging) exam showcased on the local news!
- KTBC/Fox 7 News – Good Day Austin – Oct. 26th, 2012 – Click here for the video!
- KVUE News – Sept. 18, 2012 – Click here to watch the video and read the article.