Austin Vein Center is staffed by board-certified interventional radiologists and technicians with years of experience in treating vein conditions. We specialize in minimally invasive treatment of varicose veins.
Interventional radiologists are expert at using small instruments, such as catheters (flexible tubes), to navigate through a small incision through the vascular system to a site in the body where advanced techniques are used to deliver highly focused treatments. Fluoroscopy, ultrasound, CT, MR, and other techniques are used to visualize the path through the body and help to guide instruments.
Percentage of women in the US suffering from varicose veins.
Success rate EVLT in getting rid of varicose veins.
Percentage of men in the US suffering from varicose veins.
Select a service below to learn more
Get your legs back! Without the pain and discomfort of varicose veins, you'll enjoy being active.
EVLT is a quick, minimally invasive outpatient procedure leaves little or no scarring. And you can get back to your normal activities immediately.
EVLT eliminates varicose veins at the source.
The bulging that causes discomfort and embarrassment results from faulty valves in the veins. EVLT shuts down these veins using targeted laser energy.
EVLT is a quick, minimally invasive laser procedure that leaves no scar and can be performed in our outpatient clinic.
Here’s what to expect:
- An ARA interventional radiologist will use ultrasound to map your vein.
- Local anesthetic is applied to the point of insertion.
- A thin laser fiber is inserted through a tiny entry point, usually near the knee, and goes along the course of the vein.
- Local anesthetic is applied along the vein course.
- Laser energy is delivered to seal the faulty vein.