EVLT for Varicose Veins at ARA’s Austin Vein Center
– Before & After Patient Pictures & Histories
Mr. V had left leg varicosities and left leg fatigue. He worried about complications from his large varicosities. He underwent minimally invasive treatment with EVLT, microphlebectomy and ultrasound guided sclerotherapy at Austin Vein Center. Now he is symptom free and very grateful that his leg is better.
Mr. A recently came to the Austin Vein Center with right calf varicose veins and swelling. He is a 46 year old man with history of bilateral surgical vein stripping in 1986. Over the last 5 years he noticed new issues. His calf felt heavy and tired at the end of the day. He took advantage of ARA’s free screening program which lead him to an official consult with one our interventional radiologists specializing in the treatment of vein disease. He underwent EVLT of his diseased right small saphenous vein with microphlebectomy of his varicose veins. The patient stated that the recovery from this was much easier than the surgical vein stripping he had in 1986. His calf now feels lighter and he is more active after having treatment. Mr. A now enjoys swimming 1-2 hour laps at Barton Springs.
Ms. S had left leg swelling and fatigue from varicose veins developed after three pregnancies. She was always busy caring for her family, but finally took the initiative to take care of herself. She came to the Austin Vein Center at ARA and had EVLT and microphlebectomy of the left leg. She became symptom free and was able to look forward to a weekend getaway with her husband because she felt healthy, confident, and sexy.
Mr. S had varicose veins for 10 years. Three years ago, they became very achy and painful and his legs would be swollen by the end of the work day. His legs often felt heavy and tired. He underwent EVLT, microphlebectomy and sclerotherapy at the Austin Vein Center and now he is able to go through a work day without problems.
After his EVLT procedure, this patient received shorts for his wedding anniversary.
What a relief from the Texas heat!
Physician’s Clinical Histories
- Ms. T is a delightful young woman who was weighed down by heavy feeling and tired legs at the end of the day. Her veins ached and throbbed. As a busy mother of 2, it was affecting her life. She underwent endovenous laser treatment (EVLT), ultrasound guided sclerotherapy, and microphlebectomy. Having had previous vein treatment at a competitor vein clinic a few years ago, she was glad that she chose ARA’s Austin Vein Center this time. This beautiful woman now feels confident moving forward towards a new life for herself.
- Miss S had bilateral surgical vein stripping 20 years ago. 15 years later, she started having new symptoms of leg pain, swelling, and fatigue; and new varicose veins appeared. She underwent endovenous laser treatment (EVLT), ultrasound guided sclerotherapy, and microphlebectomy. The minimally invasive treatment offered at ARA’s Austin Vein Center was easy compared to vein surgery. She knew that the board certified physicians at Austin Vein Center are well versed in minimal invasive procedures. Her symptoms and varicose veins are gone. She can’t help talking about her results to her co-workers.
- Mrs. E took advantage of ARA’s free screening program at numerous, convenient clinic locations. Found to have a positive screening, she came in to ARA’s Austin Vein Center for a consultation with one of our board certified physicians. Mrs. E had a 8 year history of achy painful varicose veins and of burning painful spider veins. She felt self conscious whenever her precocious little granddaughter would want to touch her big ropey veins. She underwent endovenous laser treatment (EVLT), sclerotherapy for her spider veins, and microphlebectomy for her large varicose veins. All her symptoms went away after treatment, and now her granddaughter has no big ropey veins to touch anymore.
- Mrs. L took advantage of ARA’s free screening program at numerous, convenient clinic locations. Found to have a positive screening, she came in to ARA’s Austin Vein Center for a consultation with one of our board certified physicians. Mrs. L had varicose veins for 20 years which began after pregnancy. She underwent endovenous laser treatment (EVLT), ultrasound guided sclerotherapy, and microphlebectomy. She now travels and is enjoying life.