PET/CT with Pylarify available at ARA
A PARADIGM SHIFT IN IDENTIFYING PROSTATE CANCER
ARA is excited to offer a revolutionary radiotracer for the identification of prostate cancer. PET/CT imaging using the new PSMA targeting radiotracer Pylarify is a big step forward in the initial staging and restaging of metastatic prostate cancer. ARA is currently accepting self-pay patients for Pylarify PET/CT scans, which are FDA approved, but not yet covered by Medicare or private insurance. Medicare coverage is expected to begin in January 2022.
Pylarify is an F-18 labeled prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA) radiotracer that is used in PET/CT imaging for men who have been diagnosed with prostate cancer and are suspected to have metastases or who have a history of prostate cancer and are suspected to have a recurrence.
MAJOR BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Cancer staging and restaging in men with prostate cancer.
- Greater accuracy in detecting early or very small metastases.
- Helps providers and patients make informed treatment decisions.
- Simple preparation instructions.
- Non-invasive, comfortable PET/CT scans.