ARA Response to Coronavirus
COVID-19 vaccines are not available to the public at ARA and ARA will not be serving as a distribution point for vaccines. We have been fortunate to receive a limited supply for our ARA front line health care workers. If you want to find out more about vaccine availability, see this Texas Division of Emergency Management distribution map. Please also note that it is best to check directly with the distribution location as the map may not reflect the latest information.
The ARA team is here for Central Texas.
The ARA team is here for Central Texas.
When you visit our facilities
In order to assist in minimizing the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community, we have made adjustments to our care processes with the goal of providing uninterrupted services. This includes screening patients and employees, enhanced cleaning services, limiting visitors to the imaging centers, and maintaining social distancing.
Imaging center patient guidelines
Screening stations for COVID-19 have been set up at the entrance of every open ARA location to ensure anyone entering is not at high risk for COVID-19 infection. Patients and staff will be surveyed for contact with COVID-19 and asked about symptoms upon entry.
- Open imaging centers will image all patients, even those experiencing fever with respiratory symptoms that are not suspected to be related to COVID-19. Chest X-ray patients experiencing fever with respiratory symptoms will be seen only at our Respiratory Diagnostic Imaging Center (see details below).
- Patients with positive or pending COVID-19 tests will be seen for chest X-rays at our Respiratory Diagnostic Imaging Centers (see details below).
- After you check in at the screening station, you will be asked to wait in your vehicle and will be notified by text message when it is time for you to enter the center.
- All employees and patients are required to wear a mask. If you have your own mask, please wear it. For the safety of all, please do not wear bandanas, neck gaiters, or masks with valves.
Mild to severe symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
This list is not all possible symptoms. Other less common symptoms have been reported, including gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
The ARA Respiratory Diagnostic Imaging Center (RDIC) is open.
- Our site at 1600 W 38th St (in the Jefferson Building) will image all patients experiencing fever with cough or shortness of breath who need a chest X-ray only, including those who have a positive or pending COVID-19 test.
- You will be required to wear a mask.
- If you come to one of our other locations, you will be redirected to the RDIC.
Be sure to have your insurance card and photo ID ready to present to the front desk. If you have prior imaging that is related to your exam, please be sure and tell your ARA scheduler.
To speak to a representative about your visit if you are ill, please call (512) 453-6100.
Visitor rules and caregiver screening
ARA is following social distancing guidelines with patients and ARA personnel by staying 6 feet apart when possible and by asking visitors to remain in the car. Exceptions are made in cases where it is medically necessary for the caregiver to stay with the patient, or if parent is attending a child. If the caregiver or parent shows signs and symptoms of having coronavirus, imaging center personnel will attend the patient.
- Any visitors who are not essential caregivers will be asked to remain outside the imaging center in the car to observe social distancing.
- Essential caregivers will be screened and instructed as listed above.
Imaging center status
ARA is dedicated to serving Central Texans and will be adjusting imaging center status during the coronavirus crisis to best use staff and supplies. Please check here daily for information.
|Cedar Park & Cedar Park Women’s Imaging||OPEN|
|Kyle & Kyle Women’s Imaging||OPEN|
|Medical Park Tower||OPEN|
|Midtown/Austin Vein Center||OPEN|
|Rock Creek Plaza||OPEN|
|Southwest Medical Village||OPEN|
|Women’s Imaging Center||OPEN|
|Respiratory Diagnostic Imaging Center||OPEN|
|Austin Center Boulevard||CLOSED FOR RENOVATION|
ARA screening exams are now available again, having been temporarily suspended during the first weeks of the COVID-19 pandemic. These include:
- Screening mammography
- Bone densitometry
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
- CT: Virtual colonography, CT calcium scoring, CT lung screening
- Ultrasound: Abdominal aortic aneurysm screening, EVLT varicose vein screening, breast screening
- MRI: Abbreviated breast MRI, MRA abdomen with elastography
We strongly encourage you to make your appointment now if you have put off your screening exam because of COVID-19. ARA has special protocols in place to keep you safe (see above) and you should take care of your health. Schedule your mammogram or ultrasound online now if you are a current ARA patient or call us at (512)453-6100 to talk to a representative.