ARA Response to Coronavirus
The ARA team is here for Central Texas.
When you visit our facilities
In order to assist in minimizing the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community, we have made adjustments to our care processes with the goal of providing uninterrupted services. This includes screening patients and employees, enhanced cleaning services, limiting visitors to the clinics, and maintaining social distancing.
Clinic patient guidelines
Screening stations for COVID-19 have been set up at the entrance of every ARA location to ensure anyone entering is not at high risk for COVID-19 infection. Patients and staff will be surveyed for contact with COVID-19, asked about symptoms, and have their temperature taken upon entry.
- Patients with positive or pending COVID-19 tests will not be seen at any location at this time. You will be directed back to your primary care physician and/or hospital. If you test negative for COVID-19, we will perform your imaging study at an ARA imaging center.
- Otherwise, open imaging centers will image all patients, even those experiencing fever with respiratory symptoms that are suspected to be unrelated to COVID-19, as long as you are not needing a chest X-ray. Chest X-ray patients will be seen at one of our Respiratory Diagnostic Imaging Centers (see details below).
- If you are struggling with any upper respiratory issue or have a fever, you will be asked to wear a mask.
- If you already have a mask, please wear it to the clinic.
Georgetown and Medical Park Tower Respiratory Diagnostic Imaging Centers (RDICs) are now open.
- These sites will image all patients experiencing fever with cough or shortness of breath and who do not have a positive or pending COVID-19 test and need a chest X-ray only.
- You will have a separate check-in and will be seen in dedicated areas in order to shield other patients from possible infection.
- If you come to one of our other locations, you will be redirected to the nearest RDIC.
Be sure to have your insurance card and photo ID ready to present to the front desk. If you have prior imaging that is related to your exam, please be sure and tell your ARA scheduler.
To speak to a representative about your visit if you are ill, please call (512) 453-6100.
Visitor rules and caregiver screening
ARA is following social distancing guidelines with patients and ARA personnel by staying 6 feet apart when possible and by asking visitors to remain in the car. Exceptions are made in cases where it is medically necessary for the caregiver to stay with the patient, or if parent is attending a child. If the caregiver or parent shows signs and symptoms of having coronavirus, clinic personnel will attend the patient.
- Any visitors who are not essential caregivers will be asked to remain outside the clinic in the car to observe social distancing.
- Essential caregivers will be screened and instructed as listed above.
ARA is dedicated to serving Central Texans and will be adjusting clinic status during the coronavirus crisis to best use staff and supplies. Please check here daily for information.
|Cedar Park & Cedar Park Women’s Imaging||OPEN 8am-5pm|
|Kyle & Kyle Women’s Imaging||OPEN 8am-5pm|
|Medical Park Tower||OPEN 8am-5pm|
|Midtown/Austin Vein Center||OPEN 8am-5pm|
|Quarry Lake||OPEN 8am-5pm|
|Rock Creek Plaza||OPEN 8am-5pm|
|Southwest Medical Village||OPEN 8am-5pm|
|William Cannon||OPEN 8am-5pm|
|Wilson Parke||OPEN 8am-5pm|
|Austin Center Boulevard||TEMPORARILY CLOSED|
|Children’s Imaging||TEMPORARILY CLOSED|
|Dripping Springs||TEMPORARILY CLOSED|
|San Marcos||TEMPORARILY CLOSED|
|Women’s Imaging Center||TEMPORARILY CLOSED|
|Georgetown Respiratory Diagnostic Imaging Center||OPEN 8am-5pm|
|Medical Park Tower Respiratory Diagnostic Imaging Center||OPEN 8am-5pm|
Certain ARA exams have been temporarily suspended
ARA has decided to suspend some screening exams at this time in order to focus our resources on those with active illness or injury. We anticipate that these exams will be available again after May 15.
- Screening mammography
- Bone densitometry
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
- CT: Virtual colonography, CT calcium scoring, CT lung screening
- Ultrasound: Abdominal aortic aneurysm screening, EVLT varicose vein screening, breast screening
- MRI: Abbreviated breast MRI, MRA abdomen with elastography