|EVLT for Varicose Veins at ARA’s Austin Vein Center
- Before & After Patient Pictures & Histories
Ms. S had left leg swelling and fatigue from varicose veins developed after three pregnancies. She was always busy caring for her family, but finally took the initiative to take care of herself. She came to the Austin Vein Center at ARA and had EVLT and microphlebectomy of the left leg. She became symptom free and was able to look forward to a weekend getaway with her husband because she felt healthy, confident, and sexy.
Mr. S had varicose veins for 10 years. Three years ago, they became very achy and painful and his legs would be swollen by the end of the work day. His legs often felt heavy and tired. He underwent EVLT, microphlebectomy and sclerotherapy at the Austin Vein Center and now he is able to go through a work day without problems.
Schedule a free EVLT evaluation now! Visit ARA’s Austin Vein Center for more information.
In the News
- BMJ Article on Breast Cancer Screening Effectiveness Incredibly Flawed and Misleading – According to the ACR and Society of Breast Imaging (SBI), the recent breast cancer screening article published in the British Medical Journal is an incredibly misleading analysis based on the deeply flawed and widely discredited Canadian National Breast Screening Study (CNBSS). ACR and SBI say the results of this study, and others resulting from the CNBSS trial, should not be used to create breast cancer screening policy as this would place a great many women at increased risk of dying unnecessarily from breast cancer.
- New Study Refutes 2009 Recommendation from the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force – A recent study of the association between missed mammograms and breast cancer stage at diagnosis disputes the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendation that routine mammograms are unnecessary for women younger than 50 and that biennial screening mammography for women aged 50 to 74 years is sufficient. Dr. Adedayo Onitilo, adjunct clinical associate professor, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health, Madison, WI, and the corresponding author of an article about the study in the November 2013 American Journal of Roentgenology, talked with ARRS about those findings. Read the Q&A with Dr. Onitilo here.
- The U.S. Preventative Services Task Force (USPSTF) has recommended CT Lung Screening for high risk patients ages 55 through 79 years old and have a 30-pack-year or greater history of smoking. Click here to read more about the recommendation. Are you a heavy smoker? With a referral from your physician, you can schedule your exam today at one of our 11 CT Lung Screening locations in Austin and Central Texas by calling 512-453-6100.
- Health care options increase in Four Points - Residents in the Four Points area soon will no longer have to commute to Central Austin to visit their primary care physicians, family practitioners or even specialists. By the end of 2013, a slew of well-known medical groups—Austin Diagnostic Clinic, Austin Radiological Association, Austin Regional Clinic and Texan Urgent Care—will join recently opened VIK Medical Urgent Care and Family Practice as neighborhood health care treatment centers.
- On Sunday, November 25th, 2012, The Austin American-Statesman published its “Top Workplaces 2012” – a list of the best places to work in the greater Austin area. ARA has once again been named to the Top 10 Workplaces list for the 3rd year in a row! Check out this special section of The Austin American-Statesman online here.
- ARA, Dr. Avery and our new MBI (Molecular Breast Imaging) exam showcased on the local news!
- Please join me in welcoming Dr. Robert J. Oberle to ARA! Learn more about him!
- A huge hello and welcome to Dr. Klar, ARA’s newest Neuroradiologist! Learn more about her here.
- Take a minute to say hello and welcome Dr. Daniel G. Bloom to ARA!
- A warm welcome to Dr. Ian Baronofsky, one of ARA’s newest Body Imaging radiologists. Dr. Baronofsky graduated from New York Medical College in 1996. Click here to learn more about him.
- Governor Rick Perry has appointed one of our radiologists, Dr. John R. Leahy, as a new member of the Texas Board of Licensure for Professional Medical Physicists. The board regulates the practice of medical physics in Texas. Click here for the entire article.
- ARA is proud to announce that 25 of our radiologists were named to Austin Monthly’s “Best Doctors” for 2013 list. Please join us in saying “congratulations” to our physicians for this prestigious award. Click here for their full ad and photos.
- Dr. Williamson receives the Most Valuable Physician award at St. David’s South Austin Medical Center for exhibiting the ICARE values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
- Austin Vein Center
- Ms. T is a delightful young woman who was weighed down by heavy feeling and tired legs at the end of the day. Her veins ached and throbbed. As a busy mother of 2, it was affecting her life. She underwent endovenous laser treatment (EVLT), ultrasound guided sclerotherapy, and microphlebectomy. Having had previous vein treatment at a competitor vein clinic a few years ago, she was glad that she chose ARA’s Austin Vein Center this time. This beautiful woman now feels confident moving forward towards a new life for herself.
- Miss S had bilateral surgical vein stripping 20 years ago. 15 years later, she started having new symptoms of leg pain, swelling, and fatigue; and new varicose veins appeared. She underwent endovenous laser treatment (EVLT), ultrasound guided sclerotherapy, and microphlebectomy. The minimally invasive treatment offered at ARA’s Austin Vein Center was easy compared to vein surgery. She knew that the board certified physicians at Austin Vein Center are well versed in minimal invasive procedures. Her symptoms and varicose veins are gone. She can’t help talking about her results to her co-workers.
- Mrs. E took advantage of ARA’s free screening program at numerous, convenient clinic locations. Found to have a positive screening, she came in to ARA’s Austin Vein Center for a consultation with one of our board certified physicians. Mrs. E had a 8 year history of achy painful varicose veins and of burning painful spider veins. She felt self conscious whenever her precocious little granddaughter would want to touch her big ropey veins. She underwent endovenous laser treatment (EVLT), sclerotherapy for her spider veins, and microphlebectomy for her large varicose veins. All her symptoms went away after treatment, and now her granddaughter has no big ropey veins to touch anymore.
- Mrs. L took advantage of ARA’s free screening program at numerous, convenient clinic locations. Found to have a positive screening, she came in to ARA’s Austin Vein Center for a consultation with one of our board certified physicians. Mrs. L had varicose veins for 20 years which began after pregnancy. She underwent endovenous laser treatment (EVLT), ultrasound guided sclerotherapy, and microphlebectomy. She now travels and is enjoying life.